What is Hemp?
Hemp and Marijuana are from the same genus plant (Cannabis Sativa L.) just different varieties. Marijuana is the flowering of the plant whereas hemp is not… its from the leaves.
Purpose of Hemp?
Hemp is the oldest domesticated crop known to man. Years ago it was used as a renewable source of raw materials to make, linens, clothing, cordage even cars, plastics, building material and a lot more products. ( Hemp is a God sent gift I tell you! )
HEMP VS MARIJUANA
Cannabis plants contain compounds called cannabinoids, we cannot say the exact amount of compounds they have found, but it is more than sixty (60) different types. The two (2) main cannabinoids are,THC and CBD.
Yes hemp and marijuana are from the same genus plant but the THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol) levels differ. Hemp contains less than 0.3% of THC whereas marijuana contains let’s just say way more. (THC depends on the amount of marijuana so I cannot give an exact percentage) but medical marijuana contains around 5%-20% THC, anything that is higher than 0.3% is considered marijuana.
The other main cannabinoid that these both contain is CBD (cannabidiol), hemp contains more CBD than marijuana. Research has shown that CBD reduces the psychoactive effects of THC, this separates hemp further away from marijuana.
Benefits of Hemp
- Great source of Omega 3 which promotes cardiovascular health and Omega 6 which is high in GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)
- Regulates hormones
- Reduces Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
- Reduces inflammation
- Complete plant protein- Easier to digest than meat and whole eggs because of the high fibre content (Un-hulled hemp seeds have more fibre than hulled, therefore if you need more fibre in your diet, try to get the un-hulled)
- Helps speeds up recovery from radiation
- Helps with skin issues such as, Psoriasis and Eczema
- Great sources of Vitamin A (Supports eye and skin health) Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 E and D
- Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese and Sulfur
Forms of Hemp
- Hemp seeds
- Hemp Oil
- Hemp oil in soft gels
- Hemp Protein Powder
All of the above - Seeds, oil and powder